Thursday, May 30, 2013

Movin' In

Today is the day!!! The movers are at the house right now putting all of our stuff in a storage unit. It's crazy to see the house I grew up in, completely empty.

Yesterday, my dad and I brought the RV to our first campground.  It's just twenty minutes from our house, house.  We're moving into the RV permanently today, eeep! A crazy year is about to begin.

On the way to drop off the RV, we were (trying) to pull out of our neighborhood at rush hour.  We were waiting for a break in the traffic, and some a**hole got out of his car and knocked on the window.  He had an exaggerated look on his face, and proceeded to tell us to go the other direction (where we couldn't get out). What the hell did he exactly think? "Oh lemme just turn my 42-foot trailer in a U and go the other way." There is more than one way out of the neighbor hood, ya know? *Rant finished*

So, anyway, we got to the campground and started setting up.  We were struggling to get the RV leveled, and I noticed the guy across the way was watching us, and I assumed, laughing at our incapability to set up. After a few minutes, he came over and helped us.  He was a really nice guy, cussed like a sailor, but, a really nice guy.  (His name was Joe, btw)

Moral of the story: The guy with tattoos of naked women and raggedy clothes was a genuinely good guy, while the dresses up guy on his way to work, was a complete jerk. It makes me happy that I'm leaving the life where I have to live with people like that.  I'm hoping to meet a lot more people like Joe over this next year.

3 comments:

  1. Oh the places you'll go and the Joes you'll meet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you guys. I'm really glad you'll be keeping track of your adventures here.

    Open Mind, Open Heart, and Open Arms will take you far on an adventure, and be safe, but not too safe.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "people are people so why should it be you and I should get along so awfully" -Depeche Mode

    ReplyDelete